Along with our tried-and-true DD13®, DD15® and DD16®, the DD8 is built proudly at our legendary production facility in Detroit, MI. The Detroit DD8 features the latest in engine technology to go along with the know-how and quality you’ve come to expect from Detroit. From the sturdy design of the ribbed cast iron block to the advanced common rail fuel system the DD8 delivers the reliability and performance you demand. With our industry leading maintenance intervals and our innovative Detroit™ Connect Virtual TechnicianSM remote diagnostic service the DD8 was designed to help you maximize uptime.
- An optional high-performance integrated engine brake
- A variable-speed fan and advanced cooling system providing shorter fan-on times for increased fuel efficiency
- Simple, fixed-geometry, turbocharger for performance, efficiency and reliability
- A robust and sturdy rear gear train helps minimize noise, vibration and harshness (NVH)
- Variable cam-phasing technology for efficient aftertreatment system performance
- PTO Capability – both FEPTO and REPTO – for a variety of vocational work-truck applications
- 2017 Greenhouse Gas (GHG17) and 2016 OBD (OBD16) compliance