The Detroit DD16 truck engine is the biggest, toughest, most powerful engine Detroit has ever produced. With a wide, flat torque curve, and delivering up to 2050 lb/ft and 600 HP, it tackles your hardest jobs while performing with the fuel efficiency and reliability you’ve come to count on from Detroit.
Pulling huge loads up hills is what the DD16 diesel engine was born to do. Its 15.6 -liter displacement produces up to 600 horsepower, while providing amazing torque curve to get the heaviest loads moving.
- 15.6 L displacement — the largest on-highway engine built by Detroit
- Turbo compounding to recover heat from the exhaust, transforming lost potential into bonus power
- Wide, flat torque curve pulls strong all the way down below 1000 RPM
- Next Generation Amplified Common Rail System (ACRS™) to optimize combustion control
- Integrated Jacobs® brake that offers three levels of quieter engine braking for enhanced downhill control and shorter stopping distances, all with reduced wear on the service brakes, tires and other components
- Meets 2016 OBD (OBD16) and 2017 Greenhouse Gas (GHG17) regulations