The all new Detroit DD5 engine provides short-haul pickup and delivery operators best-in-class maintenance intervals of up to 45,000 miles, to keep you working longer.
This next-generation medium duty engine delivers unsurpassed efficiency with exceptional endurance. All while achieving the longest maintenance intervals in the industry for maximum uptime.
- An advanced, high-pressure common rail fuel system
- An optional high-performance integrated engine brake
- A variable-speed fan and advanced cooling system providing shorter fan-on times for increased fuel efficiency
- A B10 life of 400,000 miles
- Simple, fixed-geometry, dual-stage turbo for performance, efficiency and reliability
- A robust rear gear train
- Variable cam-phasing technology for efficient aftertreatment system performance
- The Detroit™ Connect Virtual Technician℠ remote diagnostic system to maximize uptime
- 2017 Greenhouse Gas (GHG17) and 2016 OBD (OBD16) compliance