Volvo Penta D3 series offers a line of in-line 5-cylinder, 2.4-liter diesel engines with an aluminum cylinder block and cylinder head, using common-rail with piezo-electric injectors, double overhead camshafts, and Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT). This contributes to excellent operating economy, high reliability and long-term durability.
- The Volvo Penta D3 is a refined version of a proven, renowned engine concept. This strong, solid and robust engine delivers excellent reliability, maximal uptime and long service life.
- The engine is ultra-compact for its swept volume and fully symmetrical, making it very easy to install. Aluminum cylinder block and cylinder head gives the engine extremely low weight for its power output.
- The unique marine torque of the Volvo Penta diesel engines stands out among the competition by offering increased load-carrying capability, rapid acceleration, and the ability to maintain a high cruising speed, irrespective of load or sea state.
- The high-tech fuel injection system helps make the engine highly fuel efficient. The control unit monitors several parameters which reduces the overall fuel consumption.
- The engine is fitted with freshwater cooling as standard. This reduces internal corrosion and enables the engine to maintain a consistent and optimal working temperature under all conditions.