The Peterson 5900E disc chipper produces high quality paper chips when used with a Peterson 4800F debarker, or fuel chips as a stand alone fuel wood chipper. The 5900E is powered by a Caterpillar C18, Tier III, 765 hp (570 kW) engine, which is both fuel efficient and maintenance friendly.
The 5900E Disc Chipper can be configured with a three or four pocket disc, with several optional sheave sizes to make precisely the chip you need. Chipping production rates from 60 to 100 US tons (54 431 to 90 718 kg) can be achieved depending on chip size. The productive 5900E’s large feed throat can accept up to 23 inch (58 cm) diameter trees or multiple smaller stems.
Servicing the 5900E Disc Chipper is accessible from the convenient platforms around the engine and chipper. The chipper disc is directly driven from a high-capacity PT-Tech hydraulic clutch and belts. This avoids the maintenance of a gear box.
- The Adaptive Control System’s large display provides information to make chips more efficiently. On-screen maintenance instructions and self-diagnostics features increase your up-time.
- The 5900E’s parallel wall feed throat stabilizes logs. Direct drive feed rolls mean no chain and sprocket wear, nor is there ever need for adjustments.
- Peterson disc chippers come with three or four pocket, 66” (167 cm) diameter chipper discs with traditional babbitted knife systems, or Key Knife™ systems.
- A top-loading spout is a type of chip spout designed to load open top chip vans.
- An end loading spout is designed to load chips through the chip spout, into a closed top chip van from the rear of the chip van.